Monday, June 2, 2014

Shot out to the homies at WAYFARER FARMS!

Shot out to the homies at WAYFARER FARMS! Seriously though…Ruth and Ray are doing it right. I had the privilege a few months ago to go out and film with Ray at one of their urban farm locations (video still in editing mode…I’m slacking big time) and see what the “hype” about farm-to-table and urban farming is all about.

Farmers are the reason that we have food on our tables…they always have been, and always will be. My dad is a farmer, my grandpa was a farmer, and so I have a lot of love and respect for those who work harder and longer than most of us will ever understand. A day off for my dad was when he “only” had to go out and change sprinklers a couple times a day. My grandpa would have 4 hours of work done before he came in for breakfast.

Why do they do it? They do it for us, each and every one of us, so that we can have food on our plates.

Thank a farmer today, and if you don’t know one reach out to Wayfarer Farms at: https://www.facebook.com/wayfarerfarm and thank them.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment