Monday, June 23, 2014

Edge of Tomorrow Movie Review

 “Edge of Tomorrow” is a fantastic movie. The movie is based off of a Japanese novel, which apparently also has a manga based off of it.
I am also told that Tom Cruise was the perfect person to play the role of the main character. I cannot say anything about that as I am not a follower of the book. I can say however, that the movie was written for Mr. Cruise because it played to his strengths. Tom Cruise was the perfect person to play Cage.
It is all in the details; like for example, different sounds for different deaths. What does one really sound like when they get hit by a truck?
It is a classic story…aliens invade, unlikely hero saves the day, the hero lives the same day over and over again like he’s Bill Murray.
“Are you from America?”
“No, I’m from Kentucky.”
Bill Paxton’s character portrayal was great. He’s an okay actor normally, but he did himself proud in this movie. Give old Bill a moustache, and you have yourself one hell of a soldier.
I love this movie, and I was glad to see Tom Cruise in a wimpier role that he had to grow into before he became the hero. He was never the over the top tough guy, or even the smartest person in the room. Cage was the average person that had to decide what the right thing to do was.
I really enjoyed this movie and give it two really big thumbs up, and I recommend seeing this in theaters.

http://chrisallreddesign.com/reviews/movie-reviews/324-edge-of-tomorrow


See more of what’s going on at http://chrisallreddesign.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment