Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The World’s End Movie Review

 “The World’s End” wraps up the Cornetto Trilogy, but as much as I was looking forward to it, it was the worst of the three movies.
Don’t get me wrong, I love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, especially when they are together, and so I might be a little biased when reviewing this movie. With that said, “The World’s End” doesn’t deviate too much from the rest of the trilogy when it comes to drinking, pubs, and Nick Frost being the faithful sidekick.
However, I believe that Mr. Frost holds his own in this flick, and outshines Pegg for the person to be drawn to; not to mention, he kicks major butt.
The movie is two movies in one, and I can sadly relate to Simon Pegg’s character; not on a personal level, but I know too many people still mentally stuck in their teen years who refuse to grow up. Life moves on but somehow they don’t.
Can the movie stand on its own? No! I like it for Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. I like it for being British. I like it for being a part of the so ever cleaver Cornetto Trilogy. There are lots of things that I liked about, but nothing I loved about it. I give “The World’s End” one thumb up and I recommend you wait to see it when it is released on DVD.
As Nick Frost’s character would say, “We went organic in a big way”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment