Thursday, September 12, 2013

Little Caesars Restaurant Review

 Little Caesars is not the same pizza joint as when I was a kid, but it is still inexpensive and you get what you pay for.
I am not a huge fan of their pizza, but I am a fan of chewy crispy corners that you can only get from a square pizza. What I like about the place near my house is that they will cook it a little longer, which ensures a beautiful non-soggy crust. Little Caesars went away from the huge square pizzas years ago, but recently reintroduced a smaller version of what made them famous. Pizza! Pizza! (remember that Little Caesars dude?).
On our latest visit, we were helped by no other that the franchise owner himself. I walked up to the counter and told him that I wanted a deep dish square pizza with light sauce. He confirmed light sauce and walked off without a word! I stood there at the counter in awe, thinking he was going to tell the pizza guy in the back about my special request; but no that is not what he did. The restaurant is carryout only and so it is very small, so small in fact that I could see pretty much the entire kitchen. I could see the owner himself making my pizza instead of taking the rest of order. Is he qualified to do this?
I looked back at Kari and told her what I saw, and we both laughed; which brought over the guy who was making other pizzas (not ours of course). I told him that I started to place my order, but the guy walked off before I could finish. The pizza maker was great and offered us cookies on the house, which we did not take, and said to sit down and take a break because the owner was trying to help out today (I knew how the guy felt).
After our pizza was placed in the oven, the owner came back up and took the rest of my order and I paid. As we waited for our food, the owner graced us with his presence by describing a new menu item that he can’t sell yet, but other stores are finding it a big seller. He explained his favorite menu items and how he adds things to make them better; a true pizza lover. Kari made a joke about how he had to buy the place to feed his cravings.
Luckily we were the only people in the place, because I don’t know what he would have done with two customers.
Is the food great? No, but it is better than some other fast food pizza type joints offering food for similar prices. Their Crazy Bread is the best thing on the menu, but even that is not saying a lot. If you’re craving pizza, need it now, and have little cash…perhaps you should check out Little Caesars to fill your cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment