Monday, April 13, 2015

Mortdecai Movie Review

“Mortdecai” is a fantastic movie that most other movie reviewers hated. I loved everything about the movie from the characters, to the actors, to Mortdecai’s moustache.

I don’t think that Gwyneth Paltrow was even acting in her role of Lady Mortdecai; based off of interviews and her reputation as a person, which happened to be perfect for this role…the uppity rich snob who’s demanding and gets whatever she wants, but can also be nice (not genuine, but nice to also get what she wants). Perfect for this role! I know that I am being mean, but I am being truthful.

I love the British and weird sense of humor that a lot of Americans seem to not understand. This movie was straight up British, and I love that about it.

Johnny Depp was back, and once again proved that he has depth and is able to shake the Captain Jack persona that he has been known for. Every actor in the movie upheld their own character and played their roles well. There is absolutely no complaints in the cast or their acting abilities in this film.
“Mortdecai” is about the dark side of the art world, hidden treasure, and moustaches. In fact, the whole underlying unsubtle moustache theme helps take this movie to another level.

I could not find one thing to complain about because this movie had a lot going for it, and with that I give “Mortdecai” two thumbs up, and I recommend seeing this in theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment