Monday, April 13, 2015

Blackhat Movie Review

“Blackhat” is an interesting movie, with a mix of believable(ish) conspiracy theory type ideas and straight out never going to happen kind of stuff. The biggest of these far fetched ideas is having a computer programmer/hacker looking like Chris Hemsworth, never going to happen (I’ll probably get hacked for that one…again).

The movie is solid, but easy to predict for the most part. From the start it looked as though it was going to be hard to sell a computer hacking movie as an all-out action flick, and it was because I still don’t believe it. Chris Hemsworth did absolutely nothing for this movie. His character was unbelievable and his “Thor” like body did him no good. This movie would have been a lot better if a less-athletic type was cast in the lead role. I’m not saying that computer programmers can’t be good looking and athletic because they can, anyone can. What I am saying is that’s why Chris Hemsworth was cast instead of someone else, which is the wrong choice. It was a case of look at the pretty boy to distract you from what he’s saying.

“Blackhat” is an interesting movie, but that doesn’t make it great, or even good. I have a hard time liking a movie that thinks the audience is dumb; I feel as though I was being tricked. The movie has no depth and so with that I have give this movie two thumbs down, and I recommend seeing this on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment