Monday, April 13, 2015

Kingsman: The Secret Service Movie Review

“Kingsman: The Secret Service” is a good British spy flick that makes fun of other spy flicks on purpose, even though the movie itself isn’t one of the spoof movies; it is a legitly honest old school spy movie made in the 21st century.

Samuel L. Jackson plays the billionaire baddie that is sickened by violence. In fact this is my favorite Sam Jackson movie ever, because this is probably the first time that he wasn’t “Sam Jackson”. Normally the man has one character that he shares on and off stage, and that character is himself.

“Do you like spy movies, Mr. DeVille?”

“Nowadays, they're all a little serious for my taste. But the old ones...marvelous. Give me a far-fetched theatrical plot any day.”

“The old Bond movies. Oh, man. Ah, when I was a kid, that was my dream job: gentleman spy.”

“I always felt that the old Bond films were as good as the villain. As a child, I rather fancied a futuristic colorful megalomaniac.”

“What a shame we both had to grow up.”

It really is a good movie that is both serious and non-serious all rolled up into one and put on screen at the same time. Less serious than a Bond movie, but a lot more serious than Austin Powers; and no matter how you look at it, it is totally British. I give this movie two thumbs up, and I recommend seeing this in theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment