Friday, July 19, 2013

Red Robin Restaurant Review

 Red Robin has always been my go to restaurant ever since Kari introduced it to me back in the day.
They have a great atmosphere, a friendly staff, and all you can eat fries. Come on…who doesn’t like all you can eat fries? Even their Root Beer Floats are endless and for about the same price as a normal soft drink (which is it, soda or pop?).
My question is what happened? I know you have to change to stay in the now and in the forefront of the competition; but come on, stop trying to be something that you’re not. Red Robin is never going to be a bistro or some hip little café, or even a fine dining restaurant, and that is what people like about it; or should I say, liked about it. Maybe they’ll go to cloth napkins?
Things I disliked:
  1. Smaller portions for the same price.
  2. Too much top bun for the burger (the bread to meat ration was way off).
  3. Fries in a little metal tin.
  4. Over the top fancy plating on colorfully designed plastic plates.
  5. The fries were not up to their normal standard; light colored and underdone.
All and all, I’ll go again. The food was good, but sometimes it is more than just good food. Is it still my favorite go to joint? No, and I say that with a saddened disposition.


No comments:

Post a Comment