Friday, July 19, 2013

Pizza Hut Restaurant Review

 All over the free world people know Pizza Hut.
It is what it is, and when you want it…you want it. Pizza is one of those foods that people crave, and the well timed commercials don’t help fight the bulge either. The funny thing with pizza is that people will only want it from a certain place, but then next time the craving hits it will be from somewhere else.
With Pizza Hut you take the good with the bad, and that is expected; at no point do you expect the worst service you’ve ever had, but you also never expect excellent service. I have had two extreme Pizza Hut situations on both ends of their service expectations, one good and one bad.
The first example was at a dine in Pizza Hut restaurant. We were sitting at our table and our waiter was new and visibly nervous. He was a teenager, this was his first job, and we were one of his first customers that he was helping on his own. I’m a very sarcastic person by nature and like to joke around a lot, which did not help the situation or his nervousness. The point being, I was trying to get him to loosen up and enjoy his job. When he brought us our food he asked if we needed anything else; which Kari replied, “Extra napkins but bring a lot because my husband is really messy”.
The kid came back a minute later with a gigantic stack of napkins. He set the pile on the table and pulled the top napkin off. With both hands grasping the napkin, he unfolded it with one strong shake in the air. We had no idea what he was doing, but then he reached over a tucked the unfolded napkin into the top of my shirt creating a bib. It was the greatest restaurant moment in my life and we could have literally died laughing. That experience would be (to Kari and I) exceptional anywhere, but it just happened to be at a Pizza Hut location.
Now let’s look at the opposite end of the spectrum that happened very recently. I ordered pizza online for carryout service. I went to the restaurant to pick up my food, but there was no one there to help me. Let me explain, this is a carry out / delivery location only with no seating. I was the only customer in the building. I could hear the employees talking and laughing in the back, but no one came out to help me. I could see what I believed was my order sitting on the shelf. Ten minutes go by and an employee comes out and apologizes to me for the wait. However, to get to me she has to move numerous carts and racks that were piled up behind the counter. She creates a maze that she can get through, comes up to the counter to help me, and takes my credit card. She then climbs on top of a small cart, stretches out over other carts to swipe my card with the card reader mounted on the wall. She climbs down, gives me my card and receipt to sign, then works her way back through the maze to get my order (the one sitting on the shelf…I knew it!). She worked her way back to me and asked if there was anything else; I was laughing slightly as I was amused. I checked at the pizza, it looked good, still warm, and so I left.
I could only assume that they were cleaning in the back due to all of the carts out front (this is a real small location). Kari tried to convince me to order from a different location because she has been dissatisfied with this Pizza Hut in the past, but it is the one closest to our house and so I won out. Will I order from Pizza Hut again? Yes because when you want it…you want it. Will I order from the same location? No, because customer good service means so much to me and they did not have any.



No comments:

Post a Comment