Monday, July 22, 2013

Epic Food Loss #1

Sunday Roasted Chicken with beautiful veg; everything seemed so right for a Sunday Supper. The idea was good; roasted chicken stuffed with lemon and herbs, roasted vegetables of yellow potatoes and orange carrots, everything cooking together in a big pan. The company was fantastic; my brother, my sister-in-law, and their two beautiful girls joined my beautiful family for a proper sit down family style dinner.

The problem was that I liked the whole idea more than the reality of prep. The Sunday Supper idea came to me that morning, and so we went to the store to pick up what we needed; including two chickens, which were still partially frozen in the middle. No worries because I had a plan. However, I also had another plan for this fun gift idea that also came to me that morning. Came home from the grocery store, put the food away, scooped up the kids, and went to the mall to pick up the main pieces of my gift idea. We should have been in and out within 30 minutes because I knew what I wanted and where to get it; they had 1 of the 2 pieces that I needed. We spent the rest of the morning and all afternoon on an epic adventure that spanned the borders of 2 states to make this vision, or some version of this vision, a reality. In the end, the gift was a success. However, the chicken was not. I should have abandoned the idea because I did not take the time to prep, but I am a stubborn person and that is not me. When the night was through, we took our fill of the chicken, veg, and a couple other sides, but the food was a failure in my eyes. I’m sure there is a moral to the story in there somewhere, but I’m too pissed off to care.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment