Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Protector

My life is full of ups and down, both physically and mentally. However, even in the darkest of times I find the light of positiveness protecting me from what could be, or maybe should be, a negative path through life. I know that God does not give you more than you can handle, but sometimes what he gives you is more than you can bear on your own.

My protector, the person I have so that I do not have to bear any journey alone, has been by my side through my prime and will continue by my side of whatever lays ahead. God is with me and I feel His presence, but my protector has known me longer than I have known God.

I am a positive person by nature, but even the most positive sometimes need reassurance. My protector does not have to be seen or heard for her to spread her love and cast out the darkness, for sometimes only a thought or a memory is enough to keep me focused. She is my conscious, myself awareness and the awareness of the world around me. She is my humility, finding that balance of arrogance and being a person of humble thoughts. She is my savior; not as in the Lord or in the battle for my soul in Heaven and Hell; but as in the one I can count on to always be there, the one who has always been there, the one that I need, the one who has never disappointed me or made me feel less than I am.

The length of anyone’s life is unknown, but as long as I breathe I know who I’ll be spending Christmas with this year, next year, and every year that the Lord allows me to remain on Earth. My wife is more than my protector; she is my hero, my best friend, my partner, and the one who I strive to be like.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment