Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Why do I care about this commercial, because at 1st, 2nd, or 3rd glance it doesn’t seem to represent Chris Allred Design at all?


And you’re right…sort of…

I created the commercial, and brought it together with the help of Alan Espasandin; which basically means that Chris Allred Design (CAD) joined forces with TruEarth Entertainment.

I couldn’t have done it without Alan!!!!

When we win an Emmy (or whatever commercials get) it should go to Alan (I may borrow it and take it to the park on Sundays).


Honestly…this is my first TV commercial, and I’m stoked about it. With the budget and time restraints that we had, it was a miracle that it could even be done. No one else would have done it.

I was crazy to take on the project, but I’m positive so I can take on the world.

I was told by people in the TV and movie industry to not do it because it was impossible with what I had to work with. Others told me to go back and renegotiate for more time.

I do believe that Alan Espasandin may be even crazier than me because he said yes.


Here is a photo of the commercial airing on TV’s “Ink Master” last night (check out Caleb and Brad looking tough)…


Love it or hate it…it passed Comcast’s requirements and it’s on television. Plus it gets the word out about the upcoming tattoo convention, which is the point.


How did I get involved with a tattoo convention?

The answer is actually really long and goes back a few years, but I’ll keep it short and simple…
  • Brad has been putting this on for years
  • This year he went to Caleb and said help
  • Caleb went to me and said help

That is it…everything else is in the details of how Ink’n The Couve went from Point A to Point B, including all of the side trips, detours, dead ends, pit stops, and every other driving reference that you could think of.

The journey to put on this convention hasn’t been easy…still have weeks of work to do.

I am grateful for the small wins; like having Alan Espasandin being crazy enough to say yes, and for having a friend like Caleb Brouk who trusts and believes in me.

If you haven’t seen the commercial yet, or would like to see it for the hundredth time, here is the link to watch it…

Links
Ink'n The Couve Website

No comments:

Post a Comment